At AlexRenew, we work tirelessly to support a healthy and thriving community, regardless of the situation. Just like many of you, we’ve been closely monitoring the outbreak of the respiratory illness caused by the coronavirus, COVID 19.
We want you to know that our top priorities during this time are maintaining the continuity of our services and protecting the health of the staff who do this important work.
Here are the steps we’ve taken:
- Suspended service disconnections for customers unable to pay their bills and restored service to those whose had been disconnected for nonpayment.
- Reviewed and updated our emergency preparedness and continuity of operations plans to provide additional stability during this rapidly evolving situation.
- Discontinued non-essential travel and non-essential meetings to protect the safety of our employees and our partners.
- Instituted minimum staffing for most of our plant operations and set alternating schedules for our office staff to work remotely one week and on-site the other to maintain sufficient social distancing.
- Reduced our core business hours to 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and restricted all visits to be by-appointment only.
What can you do?
There are a few simple steps you can take to protect yourself, your community and even Alexandria’s water system during these trying times.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or face with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding crowded spaces, non-essential gatherings and physical contact with others. If do you need to go out, maintain a distance of at least six feet from other people.
- Do not flush sanitary wipes or paper towels down your toilet. These do not break down and can clog your home’s pipes and damage equipment at our facilities.
We continue to monitor the situation and will provide you with updates here and on our social media. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. In addition, we encourage you to reach out to the City of Alexandria and the Virginia Department of Health to answer your coronavirus-related questions.
- City of Alexandria COVID-19 Information Line at 703-746-4988, weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Virginia Department of Health public information line, 877-ASK-VDH3
Stay safe and healthy – we will keep cleaning the water for you.